SnoreMeds™ snoring solution, easy to fit, easy to wear!
The SnoreMeds™ snoring solution includes molding instructions which are quick and easy-to-follow. The SnoreMeds™ mouthpiece is an oral appliance generally worn at night and works as a splint by positioning and holding the lower jaw slightly forward during sleep. By doing this, the respiratory tract is widened, which enables air to flow unobstructed through the breathing passage enabling the patient to breathe more freely and stop snoring.
Preparation | You will need:
- A surface near to where the water will be boiled.
- A kettle or a pot to boil water.
- A container or mug deep enough to submerge the mouthpiece.
- A watch, clock or timing device which can measure in seconds.
- Take the contents out of the box.
- Place the mouthpiece in the upright position as in diagram (Fig1)
- Insert the spatula into the holes in the front of the mouthpiece (Fig2)
- Practice moving your bottom jaw forward and find a comfortable forward position.
- Remember that you only need to move your lower jaw forward by a few millimeters for the mouthpiece to be effective.
TIP: For the snoring solution to be a success, use a mirror to watch how forward to push your jaw.
- Boil the water.
- Pour the water into the container or remove the pot from the heat source.
- Hold the mouthpiece using the spatula (be aware of the mouthpiece upright position)
- Place the mouthpiece in the boiled water for 15-18 seconds.
- The mouthpiece will appear clear and the plastic will be soft.
- Stand in front of a mirror to make sure you can see what you are doing during the molding process.
- Place the anti-snore mouthpiece into your mouth (the right way up) still holding the mouthpiece by the spatula, position the mouthpiece onto your lower jaw first, then bring your upper jaw down carefully into position.
- Now that you have a firm bite, move your lower jaw forward by 3-5mm, then bite down firmly into the mouthpieceUse both your index fingers to press against the outside of the mouthpiece, from the front right through to the back of the mouthpieceUsing your tongue, push against the back of the mouthpiece and suck the air out.
- The mouthpiece will be soft and easy to mould, so make sure the impression is firm and shows a true impression of your teeth and bite Remove the mouthpiece and hold it in cold water to set the shape.
Cleaning and Storage
- Keep the spatula, this will aid in future molding and cleaning of the mouthpiece.
- Clean the anti-snoring mouthpiece by holding the mouthpiece with spatula.
- Use toothpaste, mouthwash or Polident® 3-Minute Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser Rinse mouthpiece.
- Shake off excess water, and store your snoring solution in the clean dry anti bacterial container supplied.
- SnoreMeds snoring solution is suitable for adults only.
- Not recommended to those who wear braces or dentures.
- Suitable for those who have healthy gums and teeth.
- If you suffer in anyway from Obstructive sleep apnea please consult a physician prior to using any brand of mouthpiece