Natural Sleep Remedies
Many of us experience the occasional night of sleeplessness without any consequences. It is when the occasional night here and there becomes a pattern of several nights in a row that you are faced with a sleeping problem.
Repeated loss of sleep affects all areas of your life: The physical, the mental, and the emotional. Sleep deprivation can affect your overall daily performance and may even have an effect on your personality.
If your insomnia continues for a long period of time it can cause problems in your relationships, compromise your productivity, and perhaps lead to other health problems.
It can become a relentless cycle of worry and anxiety as night after night you toss and turn, wondering when sleep will come, wondering what is wrong with you.
Insomnia and sleeplessness generally fall into three categories:
- Initial insomnia: where you have difficulty in falling asleep, generally taking 30 minutes or longer to fall into a sleep
- Middle insomnia: where after falling asleep you have problems maintaining a sleep state, often remaining awake until the early morning
- Late or Terminal insomnia: where you awake early in the morning after less than 6 hours of Insomnia can be the symptom of some medical conditions that may require your doctor's advice and medical care. In those cases the cause will be treated, not the insomnia.
If, however, your sleeplessness is due to a pattern of not sleeping, or because your body and mind find it difficult to settle into a state of relaxation necessary for sleep, this blog series offers you alternative choices for achieving healthy sleep without the use of prescription drugs.
This series will teach you how to:
- Set the mood for a comfortable sleep atmosphere
- Prepare your body for relaxation
- Use colours to stimulate calmness and relaxation
- Understand the importance of exercise
- Use music and other relaxation techniques
- Relieve your mind of anxiety and worry
- Discover the importance of reducing stimulants
- Use herbal teas and warm drinks to promote relaxation
- Use herbs and vitamins to promote natural sleep
After reading this weekly series you will have the information you need to turn your sleepless nights into restful ones, waking in the morning refreshed and alert rather than tired and anxious.
All of the techniques and sleep-inducing aids in this series can be applied naturally and easily in your life. Get ready to embark on the journey of falling asleep naturally!